Kadode Kampot Pepper UK has been chosen as the winner of the inaugural Food Business Challenge.
The national competition is designed to boost the growth of small business in the food and drink sector and was launched and supported by food and drink specialist Pelican Communications and led by its client Roythornes Solicitors.
Kadode Kampot Pepper UK is the partner of Cambodian-based pepper producer, Farmlink Ltd and as the winner will receive over £5,000 of strategic advice and support from Pelican, Roythornes and the other challenge partners, business consultants WLP, accountants Bulley Davey and designers Childsdesign.
The pepper company was chosen following a comprehensive analysis of the entries from each challenge partner.
Michael Bennett, managing director of Pelican Communications said: ‘Kadode Kampot is an outstanding example of an innovative and ambitious small food business that will benefit from the support of the Challenge partners and their many years’ experience of food industry.’
Michael Winters, director of Kadode Kampot Pepper UK, said: ‘We are absolutely thrilled to win the Food Business Challenge competition.
‘Winning the competition is a validation of both our products and company ethos. It makes the huge efforts expended by ourselves and our farming partners in Cambodia to ensure sustainable cultivation, production, and complete provenance of these amazing high quality peppercorns, feel fully worthwhile.
‘We’re looking forward to receiving what will be invaluable advice and tapping in to the experience and knowledge of the challenge partners.’
Kadode’s peppercorns enjoy GI Protected status and are grown by over 140 independent farmers in Southern Cambodia under the Farmlink umbrella which ensures all cultivation, sorting, grading and cleaning is meticulously managed by hand using organic methods.
The business recently announced that it has achieved a fantastic return from its entries into the Guild of Fine Food’s Great Taste Awards. It was awarded the highest accolade of three gold stars for its red peppercorns and gold star for both its black and white peppercorns.
The Challenge is aimed at boosting the growth of small business in the food and drink sector and Kadode will receive guidance from the following challenge partners:
Further information on the winners is available on company’s website: www.kadodepepper.co.uk
- Roythornes Solicitors – will review legal documentation including contracts, terms and conditions and non-disclosure agreements to make sure the victor’s business is protected and ready for growth
- WLP consultants – Will undertake a strategic review of the winning business to ensure it is targeting the right market in the right way
- Pelican Communications – Will conduct a social media and PR audit and offer insights into growing sales with social media and how the winner stacks up against the competition
- Bulley Davey Accountants – Will have a look at the winners’ finances and highlight issues where their business could be performing better and where changes could be made to make sure they are ‘financially fit for growth’
- Childsdesign – Will audit the successful business’ packaging, identity and website and analyse how it fits with the companies’ brand values.
Pelican Communications are specialists in the environment, food and drink, outdoor and leisure and packaging sectors and offer a range of services such as media relations, brand management, event management and people development. Contact us for marketing and communications expertise.