A new competition for food businesses has been launched by two BFFF members: food and drink law firm, Roythornes and food industry marketing specialist Pelican Communications.
The Food Business Challenge is designed to boost the growth of small business in the food and drink sector with a package of strategic support for the winner worth £5,000.
The prize which consists of legal, accountancy, design and marketing support, is designed to ensure the successful business is in a position to grow and take advantage of key opportunities in their sector.
In addition to Roythornes and Pelican Communications the Challenge is being supported by business consultants WLP, accountants Bulley Davey and designers Childsdesign.
Mark Dodds, marketing manager at Roythornes Solicitors, said: “Start-up businesses are vital to competition and growth in the food sector and every effort must be made to support them.
“It’s vital that up and coming business owners fully understand all of the hurdles their company will face in the coming years. The Food Business Challenge has been designed to provide the winner with a solid foundation to develop a successful business in the food and drink sector.”
Michael Bennett managing director of Pelican Communications said: “We believe this is an industry first, in that it brings together a range of specialist advisors to provide a co-ordinated and consistent approach to business advice and growth.”
The winner will receive guidance from the following challenge partners:
- Roythornes Solicitors – will review legal documentation including contracts, terms and conditions and non-disclosure agreements to make sure the victor’s business is protected and ready for growth
- WLP consultants – Will undertake a strategic review of the winning business to ensure it is targeting the right market in the right way
- Pelican Communications – Will conduct a social media and PR audit and offer insights into growing sales with social media and how the winner stacks up against the competition
- Bulley Davey Accountants – Will have a look at the winners’ finances and highlight issues where their business could be performing better and where changes could be made to make sure they are ‘financially fit for growth’
- Childsdesign – Will audit the successful business’ packaging, identity and website and analyse how it fits with the companies’ brand values.
The closing date for entries is 17 July with the winner being announced during the first week of August.
Representatives from each of the challenge partners will judge the entries against a range of criteria including the value of the prize to the entrant.
Full terms and conditions and the entry form are available here: http://www.roythorne.co.uk/site/the-food-business-challenge/ or by searching for ‘food business challenge’
Pelican Communications are specialists in the environment, food and drink, outdoor and leisure and packaging sectors and offer a range of services such as media relations, brand management, event management and people development. Contact us for marketing and communications expertise.