Roythornes, a successful and ambitious law firm with an established reputation as a leader in the agricultural sector, made the strategic decision to enter the food market. As an acknowledged specialist in food and drink, Pelican Communications was chosen as the partner to help create profile, raise brand awareness and position Roythornes as a leading voice in the sector.
The food market is huge so Pelican established a two-pronged strategy to deliver the objectives. Firstly, we split the market into small, manageable segments, creating alliances with key organisations to expand Roythornes’ reputation and create an effective business network. Secondly, we worked to boost their food sector profile through an integrated communications campaign.
• Media relations work
• Development of an informative e-newsletter
• Launch of a dedicated food Twitter account
• Events, networking groups, seminars and conferences
• Development of printed materials and insight reports
• SEO activity
• Sponsorship of key events
From a standing start, Roythornes is now one of the leading advisors in the £75bn food and drink market. The campaign is directly linked to a significant amount of new income including a number of sizeable new clients. Brilliant results include:
• More than 80 pieces of coverage per year in key trade publications
• 4,000 plus subscribers to Roythornes’ food e-newsletter
• A 1,000 strong Twitter following
• A 100% satisfaction rate at the company’s food conference
• More than 100 delegates regularly attending key company events