If you haven’t already incorporated video into your content marketing strategy, now’s the time to do it.
Video’s going to be bigger than ever in 2020 and with so many brands and businesses already getting it right, you’re at risk of seriously damaging your marketing efforts if you don’t embrace it.
Effective and well-executed video content can be a godsend for your audience engagement rates and brand reach, not to mention leads, making it absolute gold dust for your marketing efforts and brand storytelling.
Here’s why incorporating video into your content marketing strategy for 2020 is such a good idea:
- It’s quick and easy to engage with: Who doesn’t have a smartphone these days? Video is the perfect mode of communication for the busy people of today who are on the go, on the train or on their lunch-break. And with so many brands and businesses already embracing video to get their service messaging and wider brand story across, failing to do so yourself means you could be losing out to your competitors.
- It’s highly engaging: They say a picture is worth a thousand words, which means video is…well, you do the maths.
- It can crystallise your messaging: The phrase ‘show, don’t tell’ springs to mind. It’s almost like video was put on the planet to make marketers and brand storytellers happy.
- It’s a cost-effective solution: Although high quality video creation can be labour and cost intensive, it’s well worth the effort. Who doesn’t watch, re-watch, watch again and feel compelled to share a cracking video that’s captured their attention for 30 seconds or so? Think about your own experiences of interacting with social media content and you’ll see what we mean.
- It shows you care: Not having effective video content hardly says ‘21st century’ or ‘we’re passionate about what we do’, does it? And what about all your claims of being a forward-thinking business that moves with the times and is responsive to market conditions and the ever-changing needs of your customers? Demonstrating your commitment to investing in your own business, by producing professional-looking video content that tells your audiences who you are and what you’re all about, will help ensure you remain competitive.
- It’s brilliant for SEO: Google loves rich media and varied content, so having video on your website gets a big thumbs up in terms of organic search rankings, which basically means your business will be more easily discoverable when people search for content and information online.
- It will liven up your social media: As well as being great web content, video also makes for highly shareable social media content, which means you’ll be reaching even more people who might want to get in touch to do business with you. Even B2B brands and businesses have solid social media profiles these days, so incorporating video into your social media activity kills two birds with one stone.
At Pelican, we know all about the importance of on-point video as part of your content marketing strategy – and we’ve also got loads of experience making it happen.
For high impact video content that does what it needs to, either as a one-off project or as part of your wider content marketing strategy and ongoing communications plan, Pelican are the people to call.
Pelican Communications: a specialist in the environment & CSR, food, packaging & logistics and trade association sectors and offers a range of services such as strategy, design, content creation, public relations and people development. Michael has advised numerous business on susutainability and green communications and PR strategies.
Contact us for marketing and communications expertise.