With summer nearly here we thought readers would be interested in the latest UK camping facts and figures published by Outdoori:
- In 2011, spend by GB residents during domestic camping and caravan trips was up 12% compared to 2010, trips were 5% up and bed nights were 4% up (source: GBTS)
- In 2010, UK residents took 16.6m camping and caravanning trips, spending £2.3bn during their trips (source: UKTS). By contrast, they made 9.3m visits to Spain and 6.3m to France
- Of the 16.6m trips, 43% were spent in static caravans, 28% camping and 29% in touring caravans or motorhomes
- In 2010, some 71m bed nights were spent in caravans, tents and motorhomes by UK residents
- In 2010, average trip length was 4.3 nights and average spend per trip £149 for domestic camping and caravanning breaks (source: VisitEngland)
- One in three people has taken a camping or caravanning holiday in the last three years, up from one in five in 2009 (source: Mintel 2011).
Pelican Communications are specialists in the environment, food and drink, outdoor and leisure and packaging sectors and offer a range of services such as media relations, brand management, event management and people development. Contact us for marketing and communications expertise.